Welcome to Literacy Focus
What is Literacy Focus?
Having been a Key Stage 1 & Key Stage 2 class teacher and middle manager for 8 years, I pursued my passion for literacy by taking up an opportunity to become a primary Literacy consultant which I did between 2002 and 2007. After that I spent 2 ½ years as a Deputy Headteacher, and returned to consultancy in September 2009.
As ‘Literacy Focus’ I bring years of experience as a teacher, a trainer/coach and a senior leader. In addition to consultancy I am a commissioned KS1 Moderator for Manchester CC, a trainer/consultant for ‘Talk for Writing’ and author of ‘Planning to Teach Writing – A Practical Guide for Primary School Teachers’. I can successfully work alongside Headteachers, Senior Leaders, middle managers, governors, parents, new and recently qualified teachers, and experienced teachers.
I am offering you a professional development programme of courses for teachers, and a consultancy service, that understands the challenges of today’s schools and is shaped to meet your needs.
Literacy Focus is Manchester based, offering coaching and training for teaching Literacy, and advice and support for strategic leadership of Literacy.
What’s on offer?
- Advice, training & support in key areas that make a difference to children’s attainment
- Advice, training & support in key areas that make a difference to teacher’ confidence and quality of teaching
- Expertise that can be matched to your agenda – one size doesn’t fit all!
- Flexible, affordable consultancy packages, including those for networks of schools and schools with more than 1 NQT
- A real, affordable opportunity for NQTs to become skilled up quickly in the basic skills required to teach literacy effectively
- Expert support for motivating and engaging children in reading and writing, particularly vulnerable groups
- Opportunities for Literacy Subject Leaders to network, share practice and stay up to date